Output 1: The Power of Belief, Mindset and Success
Output 1: The Power of Belief: Mindset and Success
For my first input of my critical portfolio, I will be
sharing my thoughts on Eduardo Briceno’s TEDxManhattanBeach talk titled “The
Power of belief – mindset and success”.
An excellent example that Briceno used in his speech was a
man who achieved great success such as Josh Waitzkin. A chess master who won
all of his national chess championships and by the age of 21, tackling martial
arts with a realisation that he has learnt how to grow and succeed.
One thing that Briceno’s speech made me realise was that as
he was talking about the differences between a fixed mindset and a growth one
is that I have always been a someone struggling between these two mindsets. As
much as I wanted to consciously be a person that had constant growth,
subconsciously I fall to a state of having a fixed mindset.
This has affected my studies, my working habits, and my life
in general. After taking a leave of absence from SIM-RMIT for a year due to
mental health issues and returning in 2022, it is even a struggle now to even
concentrate, study or even function like a normal human being.
Upon watching this speech, I had an epiphany over what
Briceno said about people “protecting their ego and losing “interest or
withdraw”. In recent years that exactly what I’ve been like.
Thanks to this experience, I have concluded that it is of
great importance that I make a change for myself, as it has been affecting me
in school. If I am unable to do so, who knows what might happen once I start
becoming a working adult, and in the future, what if my children see me as
someone who’s incapable of teaching them growth? It is time for me to
consciously tell myself to be ok with going through setbacks and it is ok to put
in as much effort as I can to achieve things, rather than be avoidant.
Comments
Post a Comment