Output 9: Elevator Pitch
Output 9: Elevator Pitch
After presenting the elevator pitch to a friend of mine who is
experienced with interviews, having gone through quite a few of them for
internships along with an elevator pitch workshop himself, he gave me several
helpful feedback which helped me to improve my elevator pitch further.
To begin with, he mentioned that the first few drafts I showed him
involved me speaking at a pace that was too fast. This would detract from the
viewer/interviewer’s experience as it meant that they might end up missing on
some key points that I mentioned. Building on this, it would also lower their
interest in the pitch as they would feel a disconnect from the flow, not being
able to fill in the gaps with regards to the parts that they have missed out
on.
On the flipside, he did mention to me that I was very natural and
relaxed with my presentation, and it did not come across as being forced or
memorised. While some memorising is certainly needed with any pitch or
interview, I feel that it is necessary to not show that I have memorised any
portion of m
y pitch. Such showing of memorisation may come across as insincere,
as one would only mention the good points of oneself, in an effort to showcase
their best side.
Another strength
he mentioned to me about was my eye contact. This helps to form a connection
with the audience, and further encapsulates them. All in all, with the feedback
that he gave, I further worked on my strengths and shored up my weaknesses to
produce the final elevator pitch.
Comments
Post a Comment